Monday, September 17, 2012

appreciations

I just started following an old friend's blog. She reminded me of "The Glad Game" (its from an old show). Essentially, the Glad Game is a game you play where you think of all the things that make you glad big and small. In my class each day I try to do what I call popcorn appreciations. Students call out things they appreciated about their day.

I love hearing the little things kids appreciate and it makes me reflect on how important the small things really are. Last week one of my boys said he appreciated another student for letting him look at a bug that he caught during recess. When appreciated, he blushed with happiness. Its written all over the child's face.

That night I went home and told my husband a few things that I appreciated about him. He made coffee for us every morning, he never complains about changing poopy diapers, and he always calls me on his way home from work to see if I need anything. He looked like the bug boy in my class... blushing happiness in a small smile. My favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment